MortgageBot will help you find the prefect loan for you. It takes in your details and in real-time provides a feed of the loans which best suit you. Online mortgages is the next steps in mortgages. The big banks are saying they want to get into this area. Mortgage Corp already have.
The traditional mortgage broker model is broken:
- A mortgage broker visits your home
- They try to use software which is meant to find you the best loan
- Truth is they know 10 pretty good loans for you already and the software is too complicated
- They suggest to you three of the good loans though not the prefect loan
- They know that you have already invited them into your home and are more acceptable to pushy sales techniques
- Once they close the sale they collect the commission (I would not be surprise if the 10 good loans also have the best commissions)
The tool Create My created allows Mortgage Corp to provide an unique online experience that allows customers full control over the loans they choose. There is no broker coming into your house at late, there is no pushy sales person, and you can do everything online. This is a game changing application.
- PHP – to build the backend engine which powers the site and finds you loans
- MySQL – to store the data
- AJAX methods – to provide the real-time results from the database
- CSS – to style the application
- XHTML – to structure the layout
- XML – for the daily loan data feed
- SugarCRM – to store the leads
Toolnames.com & Toolnames.com.au are two domain generators Create My made initially for internal use and thought it was so good that the world should have access to them.
Coming up with a new domain name is usually quite difficult. Making it very hard is that most of the good domains have been taken already.
The traditional process:
- You come up with something catchy, memorable, and preferably short
- You see if it is available for registration
- You find it isn’t
- You try to work out something similar and start all over again
Quickly you are wasting hours.
ToolNames are domain name generators with a difference. They use a thesaurus to find related words to your site so you get a greater choice in choosing a domain prefect for your site. The domain name generators only produces .com and .com.au top level domains.
Create My created the solution out of frustration. Since then the results have been amazing.
Create My used the following technologies:
GMail kicks the cPanel mail apps butt. So I always recommend that clients to use the free Google Apps to manage their email. This is a big bonus for clients as they get to use the simple GMail interface with their own domain.
The big benefits to using GMail is the:
- 7GB storage per a user,
- ability to access multiple email accounts from one GMail,
- easy to configure your iPhone to access it,
- looks really nice,
- plays nice with mail clients such as Apple Mail, and
- it is a lot easier for users to use. Continue reading
A few people have recently asked me about outputting data to Excel. This is a very simple thing to do from PHP with two lines of code.
[cc lang="PHP"]header(“Content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel”);
header(“Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=webbased.xls”);[/cc]
I am of those people who hates to shop. When I do I like to get in and out of the shops as fast as possible. This normally means I am totally focus on I went in to get that I forget to get the other things that I may need.
For instance on the weekend I brought a new iPhone. I get home and the first thing I realise is that I need a protective case for it.
During shopping at the store the sales attendent tried to sell me Mobile Me and Apple care which I repeatedly said no to. This caused me to have bigger blinkers on as he tried to push harder to sell me these two services instead of something I wanted. Continue reading
So I just found another reason to love wordpress with the iPhone app for wordpress allowing me to post posts while out. This means that I can write posts in a lot of new places and give out a lot more random thoughts.
So I have to admit that it is not as easy to post on the iPhone as a normal keyboard. This means That the posts from the iPhone are more likely to be shorter or I just have to get better at it. Continue reading
A website needs to be thought of as a sales person who is always working, takes payments upfront, and costs significantly less (no holidays, no super, and no christmas party). As such your website does need to be treated as apart of the sales team, it should present the image of your company, be up-to-date on your offerings, provide advise, make cross and up sells, and most of all help your customers buy off you.
- Take orders 24×7
- Receive payments instantly
- Save on costs
- A website can provide as much or as little information as a customer wants
- No time is wasted on tire kickers
Connecting to the WordPress database is very simple. The $wpdb variable connects to the class which controls the access to the database meaning your plugin can easily use the database without having to write a connection script. The $wpdb class also contains routines which will make your life easier. This post details the $wpdb variable and the basic routines it supports. It is intended to help those building a plugin which needs a database and does not describe how to build a plugin.
Audience: WordPress Plugin Developers
Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Assumed Knowledge: You know how to build a WordPress Plugin and how to write queries in MySQL.
In this tutorial we are going to build a simple plugin which when a user visits a page in your WordPress environment their IP, the page visited, and time is stored in the database which the results will be shown in the admin section of WordPress. This plugin is going to be very basic yet you can easily imagine just how much analytics you could possibly do with the data captured.
Adding salt to passwords has become a very popular topic. In this tutorial we will look at adding more then just a little salt in hope to make the passwords stored in the database a lot more complicated to break.
What we aim to do is change “HelloKitty” into “bd6656780b4fcad95b4326dd6ee46cbcdb4d8a”.
WordPress is a popular blog engine which is becoming more and more a CMS. What makes WordPress a lot more popular than the rivals is the plug-ins created by the community that extends base WordPress to unlimited capabilities. Starting a site with WordPress allows designers and developers skip a lot of the non-core development process and focus on the core functionality of the site. Below is a list of my top 10 plug-in.